POSITIVE PAY SYSTEM
Positive Pay System
Thank you for banking with us.
To make cheque transactions safer, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) vide circular no. RBI/2020 21/41DPSS.CO.RPPD.No.309/04.07.005/2020-21 dated September 25, 2020 has asked all banks to introduce the Positive Pay System effective 01 January, 2021.
Positive Pay System enables an additional security layer to the cheque clearing process wherein, the issuer of the cheque submits cheque details as per the process mentioned below. When the beneficiary submits the cheque for clearing, the presented cheque details will be compared with the details provided to the Bank through Positive Pay.
To avail this facility, the account holder (drawer of the cheque) needs to share cheque details MANDATORY at the time of issuance (before cheque presentation date) of the cheques for amounts of INR 5,00,000/- and above. For the cheques for amounts of INR 50,000/- to INR 4,99,999/- is optional.
Cheque details to be submitted are as under:
- Select Account Number
- Cheque Number
- Payee / Beneficiary Name
- Cheque Date
- Cheque Image Front
- Cheque Image Back
These details can be submitted by the account holder to the bank through any of the following ways:
- SMS to 7878050542 from registered Mobile Number.
- Mobile Banking Application (GCB iConnect App)
- Internet Banking or
- By filling a simple Positive Pay form (In case branch submission).
We request our customers to please make a note of the following:
- Insufficient and incorrect details will lead to cheque return
- To enable the validation through Positive Pay, the cheque detail mentioned above should be available with the bank one working day prior to the cheque presentation date.
Assuring you of our best services at all times!!
Step by Step walk through for uploading PPS details through each channel
1. SMS to 78780 50542 from registered mobile number
Customer may send SMS from his / her registered mobile with PPS details to 7878050542 in the following format.
Note: This SMS format should be strictly followed. Customer must be registered for SMS Banking with the Bank.
2. Mobile Banking App (GCB iConnect APP)
Customer may upload the above-mentioned details through the GCB iConnect App as under (Must have registered for Mobile Banking):
STEP-3 : Verify and Confirm